Our little blog for our little family

Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter Day Out #2- Flexibility is Key...



So, we didn't quite accomplish our planned trip today.

I had reserved passes for the Harvard Museum of Natural History, but found the parking lot empty when we got to the library to pick them up this morning... DUH. Happy MLK Jr. Day!

Tyler said, "Bummer dude!" and Jennie let out a big, "Aw man!"

When I asked them if they had any ideas of what we could do instead, Ty just started pointing to random office buildings in Quincy Center, suggesting we go inside. Jennie wanted to ride the red line.

I said, "How about we look at the skyscrapers in Boston?" (Please note I said "look at," not "go to the top of." We had a total of $10 to make this day happen, and it costs a crapload to get to the top of the Pru now.)

They both agreed, and we headed into town.

We ate our PBJs in the food court, looked up through the glass ceiling, smelled flowers, and got a cookie at Starbucks.

It wasn't fancy, but they never missed the Museum.

3 comments:

Bahston Beans said...

Way to go with the flow!

Nana said...

You still have the museum to look forward to. It sounds like a fun day anyway. Can't wait to hear what you do next Monday

Grandma said...

Hanging out in the food court...how else can you spend another winter day?:)