Our little blog for our little family

Monday, January 11, 2010

Winter Day Out #1

OK, Christmas is over, and winter is here. For real.

Winter with two small kids can, well, suck. It's really easy to get stuck and frustrated in the house.

In an effort to avoid becoming a screaming, stressed, sighing mother, I've decided that every Monday will be a day out. A legit day out though- not just a trip to Shaw's or the YMCA.

The kids and I are going to see how many of the Boston attractions we can visit for free or super cheap using our library's museum passes.

Today we hit the Boston Museum of Science. I've avoided this place for a long time because I thought it would be way over their heads... but Ty and Jennie loved it. Jennie can not stop yelling, "Ele-city!!!" (She loved the lightening show in the Electrical Theater).




4 comments:

Morgan and Grayson said...

Fun! I have Mondays off, maybe some week we can join you. Today was day 4 in the house. Only trip today was to the pediatrician for Mo's 3rd ear infection since September. Love her!

Grandma said...

love these pictures and the "eli-city!" Love how close they are to the butterflies!

Annette said...

OH! That looks awesome! I am so jealous of having opportunities like this. Love seeing the smiles on their faces! :)

Nana said...

Amazing they could get so close to the butterfly. What a treat for them. And how smart of Mommy