Our little blog for our little family

Friday, September 12, 2008

For the Love of Thomas


Last night, while Rob and I were attempting to clean up from dinner, Tyler snuck off. We heard him thunking up the stairs... again. I followed him, but didn't let him know I was there. He was saying, "Thomas. Gordon. Bath. Hair. Bum." I knew where he was headed.

Tyler went into the bathroom and gently placed his little Freecycled Thomas and Gordon trains in the huge bathtub. I then let him know I was there. I said, "Ty, do you want to give your trains a bath?" He looked at me and said, "Yeah!" (with a look on his face like, "Um... obviously, Mom...")

In the spirit of discouraging random independent trips up the stairs and into the bathroom, we gave him a little bowl of water on the kitchen floor to provide his trains with the hygene they require. Who knew a train had hair (or a bum?!) to wash. Tyler cracks us up.

3 comments:

Bahston Beans said...

Uh yeah duh Katy. Trains totally have bums...they're called cabooses!

Grandma said...

good one, Kelly!!!

Nana said...

And the hair? Is that, like, the smoke stack? Those creaky stairs sure came in handy