Our little blog for our little family

Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter Day Out #5- Museum of Fine Arts

It's "Museum Monday" (Ty's title), and today we took the bus to the MFA.

I was kind of iffy about this trip... I wasn't sure how much fun a 3 and not-yet-2 year-old would have hanging out with works of art.

But as usual, the kids proved my reservations wrong. They loved it- especially Tyler. He was drawn in by the sculptures- all of them. Jennie liked the contemporary art and the impressionist stuff- but Ty said he wasn't a huge fan of the Monets. They both were blown away by the rotunda- they sat down and took in all of the paintings on the ceiling.

I've got to be honest, I am learning a ton taking them out and about. I've never paid much attention to art before, but Tyler was just so interested, it forced me to read the descriptions and learn a bit too.

Next week, we're heading to the JFK Library and Museum. Again, I'm not sure how much they'll like, but they'll probably surprise me again.

Jennie with the giant baby head- Ty wouldn't stand by it. He said it was "too creepy."

Riding the bus... half of the fun!

Brown bagging it downstairs next to a table of museum guides talking about art- or something.

6 comments:

Bahston Beans said...

Um, is that a Thin Mint?

Annette said...

You are THE COOLEST Mom! What lucky kids you have! :)

Grandma said...

well, is it a Thin Mint? and that black/white background looks like it is moving. That giant baby head scares me every time! but love how they are seeing and appreciating all the museums!

Morgan and Grayson said...

I love ty with the stripey back ground. Go you! out and about with 2 little ones.

Nana said...

Does it count to visit the museum pieces at Anawan Rd?

Lisa said...

The baby head is definitely creepy!!! What an awesome day!!