Our little blog for our little family

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dinner with Friends

Today I was browsing an online forum when I came across a pretty angry post about how Christians are the most judgmental, shortsighted people on the planet.

Clearly, the poster has never met our church family.

We hosted the weekly church cookout tonight. We had a blast. How blessed are we? Very. We have a large group of people who are FUN, caring, prayerful, and supportive. I know that at any given time tonight, Rob and I could have LEFT, and Ty and Jennie would be 100% cared for, the dishes would be done, and the yard cleaned up.

Judgmental and shortsighted? Hardly.



8 comments:

Grandma said...

Amen to good times!!!

Amy said...

Um, dude....ya probably should have left.

Mrs.M said...

I want to go!

Katy Shamitz said...

your chicken was here, patty!

Krystle said...

Looks like you have some awesome friends. Love how you said Patty's chicken was there lol.

Annette said...

I love church families like that! WTG pointing out how WRONG that statement is! Wow! Patty's chicken is really making the rounds! We had it for dinner last night too! MMMMM!

Unknown said...

Did you pay those people to come in and pose like that? Is there a Christian modeling agency?

Nana said...

We know how fortunate you are. We are so thankful you have this wonderful connection