Our little blog for our little family

Friday, August 15, 2008

Daddy Ty

I've been wondering when the doll would reemerge. After an extended vacation to the toybox, Ty's baby is back on the scene.

It's funny what a difference nine months makes in how a little guy plays with a toy. When Ty was 11 months old, he mostly hugged his doll and laid around with it. Now however, Ty is a Dad... and a doting one at that.

He came down the stairs with Rob, toting the doll around. After being convinced by Rob that the doll was not named Jennie, he settled on "Baby." He told us his doll is a boy. He fed him, and gave him a nap. He put him in Jennie's play gym. He sat him in the Bumbo seat. He was VERY detailed in his care giving. He even got Baby to bed at a reasonable time.

I am very proud of my little Daddy, but am not quite sure I'm ready to be a grandma yet- especially a custodial grandma. I very clearly passed that message along when Tyler asked me to change a diaper, and had him do it himself. He even used a wipe on it's little cloth butt. :)

9 comments:

Grandma said...

Very cute! Can he practice the "little voice" for baby too? Love, love ,love the new sister for sale and Jennie's face below ..like "say what?"

Mrs.M said...

Awwwww. Too cute! I really need to get AJ a doll baby. Any suggestions?

Nana said...

Has baby grown? Looks bigger than last year. And what's with that pic of Jennie and the face? Where is that sweet little face I love?

Katy Shamitz said...

she's offended by her brother's shirt. get it? :)

Deseree said...

haha I love the new pictures of the kids on the side. lol at Ty's shirt and Jennie's expression.

Raygan does the same thing with the wipes. I bought her some really cheapo diapers for her to use on her babies too. She is a mother of 4 already. LOL

Mama Pickle said...

OMG Katy that is so adorable! My husband would flip out over the doll, but even he would have to admit to the sweetness of it all.

Heather said...

I love the new pictures in your side banner! So cute!

Annette said...

OMGosh! I love those pictures! Will Ty be the Daddy to Hannah's babies? She could use a good partner. He sounds awesome! Glad you're training him right! LOL :)

♥Rachel♥ said...

Awww that is too cute! He will make a very good Daddy...one day :P