Our little blog for our little family

Monday, April 21, 2008

Welcome, Jennie!

Rob, Ty, and I are so very excited to welcome Jennie Claire to our family. Jennie was born at 10:41 on Saturday after a 9 hour UNMEDICATED (read: GO KATY) labor (quick compared to Ty's 22 hour grand entry). Jennie was 12 days early- I was a little surprised, but glad to get her out! She was 8lbs, 10 oz and 21 inches.

Praise God she is a healthy little girl. Here are a few photos...



Here are a couple of videos... the first is right after Jennie was born (it's just her crying- don't worry... no graphic earthy crunchy shots...). The second is Ty holding her. For those who don't speak baby- Ty says "Done!" and makes the sign for done (This is usually what he does when he finishes a meal or his bath). You can see what happens next. We have our hands full for sure.

18 comments:

Lisa said...

First of all, Congratulations! Jennie is beautiful! What a lovely family you have!! Secondly, I almost peed my pants when Ty was "done" with Jennie, what a great video. Can't wait to meet her. All my love to everynoe!

Grandma said...

beautiful pictures! Jennie is so sweet.Love Rob's voice soothing her when she is crying.The Tyler "done" was priceless.Congratulations! We love you! Grandma and Pep

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS Rob, Katy and Ty! Jennie is absolutely precious. I love Ty saying/signing done. :-)

Patti said...

Congratulations! Proud Grandma was sharing Jennie's pics at school this morning...she is an absolute doll. All the best!

Morgan and Grayson said...

So Cute! Jennie is a beautiful little girl. Morgan is excited to have a new friend.

Love, Jen, Paul and Morgan P.

Amy said...

Don't leave those two alone in a room together!!!!
I can't wait to see her in a few days!

Krystle said...

She's so precious. I love how Ty was "done" with her lol. Welcome to the word Jennie!

Anonymous said...

When Tyler is done -- He's DONE! So happy to have held Jennie and for Grammy to be there too. We are so proud of all of you. Such a beautiful, perfect family. We love you
Nana & Curley

Xtina said...

"Done!" *shove*
Awesome.

Speaking for the whole church (as I have decided I can), we are super excited to meet Jennie.

Heather said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

Bahston Beans said...

Hi Jennie! I can't wait to meet you! Congrats Katy, Rob and Ty!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is absolutey beautiful! Hope all is going well so far. Now we know what we got ourselves into as well : ). Enjoy the new member of your wonderful family!

Katie

Bahston Beans said...

Katy - I have poison ivy. If I rent a hazmat suit or maybe a mascot outfit, can I meet Jennie?

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl! We're so happy for you. We're looking forward to meeting her.

Love,
Ana, Geoff & Nina

Patricia said...

congrats! absolutely breath taking ...

Brad and Rebecca said...

congrats! love the name and she is beautiful!!!

Annette said...

Awww, so sweet. I think hearing that lil newborn cry just made one of my eggs pop out! I love when Ty says "Done" and pushes her away! Scary, but so natural for this age! Good luck. You truly have a beautiful family! :)

Anonymous said...

Katy:

Congrats!!! I can't wait to show Ralph and Sarah this video! Your family is beautiful.

God Bless,
The Bawabes