Our little blog for our little family

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Postcards from Storyland

It was our first family "vacation" ever. Tyler had NO idea what to expect, and when I told him we were going on vacation, he said, "Will I come? Can I ride the vacation too?"

We hopped in the car and headed north. Waaaaaaaaaaaay north. We stopped at Plymouth State University to eat lunch... Ty thought it was Storyland- he was thrilled.
After about another hour in the car, we got to our motel- upon seeing the play structure, Ty shrieked, "Here we are- Storyland!"
Wow. Doesn't take much to please this kid- yup... we drove in the car for 3 hours for a wooden train.

We settled into the room- the "Cozy Queen," which was an itty bitty room with a queen bed- that's pretty much it. But you know, for $50 a night, it rocked.
So IMAGINE his delight when we walked into the REAL Storyland- he lost his MIND. So did Jennie. Truth be told, so did Rob and I.

So now, for your viewing pleasure- our vacation pictures:
We had a really great time. We stayed 2 nights- which for anyone wondering, is the PERFECT amount of time for a family with two itty bitty kids in a 10'x10' room.

On the way home, we pressed our luck and stopped at Franconia Notch State Park for a quick visit. Here's a more familiar family photo- Jennie wanted to swim.

4 comments:

Bahston Beans said...

Great pictures! So who is the lady in the gown?

Katy Shamitz said...

Cinderella, of course! She gave Ty a personal tour of her castle. Jennie told her "no."

Nana said...

Wonderful! I could just feel the fun.

Grandma said...

You're making great family memories! And you'll always remember what a "cozy queen is:)"