Our little blog for our little family

Sunday, July 19, 2009

$10 bought us a REALLY fun afternoon

at Nantasket Beach in Hull- Who knew? (Well, probably everyone EXCEPT us...)

Honestly, Rob and I have NEVER seen Jennie excited about anything as much as this carousel. She got on a horse, knew exactly how to hold onto the bar, and gave it a little "giddy up!" pat. She LOVED it. We know our kid, so as the carousel was slowing down, I was already heading to the ticket counter for another ride. Ty liked the horses,
but REALLY was feeling the chariot.
Oy. A zillion up-and-down hand painted ponies to choose from, and our kid picks the stationary bore wagon. Whatever- his choice. :)

Although we went to Hull for the Carousel, we stayed to check out the beach. Jennie saw the sand and waves, and declared, "GOGOGOGO, DOWN!"

Ty insisted on hopping waves in his underpants.
It was a great afternoon.

4 comments:

MarionR said...

Katy, Rob, Tyler and Jennie: I read your blog posting to Miss Betty, at her "summer home" in Middleborough.

She recalled how she and my dad took me on the MBTA bus to Nantasket Beach, and used match stick book covers (no lie!!) to get discount coupons to take us all on rides.

Isn't is beautifully wonderful, that these family friendly and relatively cheap things to do as a family exist to this day, here in our blessed little part of New England??!!

I saw ~~ 60-80 people tonight on Wollaston Beach, down past Tony's, having Sunday church service. In shorts, bathing suits, and what they were wearing at 6:30 PM; with chairs, towels, and standing; with unconditional fellowship, for all.

I'm so happy that your family is experiencing family centric life here in Quincy, Wollaston Beach, Nantasket, as did I and my parents.

We are ALL blessed!!

Grandma said...

love these pictures!! Since the deck is done, Rob could start carving the horses for the backyard carousel!!You could put Jennie out there all day!

Morgan and Grayson said...

Looks like fun!

Nana said...

I thnk Grandma has a terrific idea. Make sure it's big enough for us too. Just Loved the pics especially of Jennie "dancing"